Tuesday, February 12, 2013

iPad Value Study


I feel that this project was very similar to using oil pastels, yet they had some subtle differences.  This was similar to oil pastels in the fact that it was very easy to blend the colors and make it smooth.  Although, it was different because you did not have to actually judge the pressure with the iPads, ly.it just made it solid naturally.  Through this piece I accomplished many things.  I was able to successfully blend colors together to make a full set of values.  I learned that in order create real value in an image you have to blend the colors enough to bring out the lightness to darkness and to achieve the 3 Dimensional shape.  This sort of technology is important to art because it allows us to learn how to create new things in a more diverse way.  This in turn allows for a better understanding of the true concept.  In this piece of artwork I thought that the hardest part was trying to blend the colors evenly without mixing it too much.  The easiest part was definitely applying the color to the shapes.  Overall I feel that this project was very successful and I found it very interesting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment